Sunday, November 4, 2007

Bless the mic with the gods...


This image is not from Portland

Rakim KILLED it in Portland last night to a packed house. The town represented and Rakim did his thing as only he could. Brother Ali and Ghostface Killah put on great performances as well. DJ Juggernaut was playing the cuts between acts and Starchile was holding it down with the hosting. The Bboys (Mighty Mooves, TipToe & Shilo to name a few) were out in force as well giving the crowd an extra dose of some real HipHop shit. Also in attendance but not performing was the World Rap Champion & 2004 Scribble Jam winner Illmaculate repping St. Johns. Also repping P-Town was King Cool Nutz (New album dropping 12/4!). Even Trail Blazer Greg Oden came out to show some love. Also in the house was the family of Ol' Dirty Bastard (R.I.P.) keepin' it raw as usual.

4 comments:

Billmatic said...

I love the Portland Hip Hop crowd. It is not super diverse but there were some really young kids there loving Rakim. I came upon Rakim a little late in the game but man am I glad I did. Could have used a bit more ghostface by himself and I am a bit ashamed that I did not know what his last song was. It would have also been cool to have them all perform together for an encore. Either way the portland hip hop community is really great. Keep positive.

Just Another Blogger said...

Portland has its moments and the other night was one of them. I was surprised to see how all those young cats reacted to Rakim's set. I figured that although most of them probably respected Rakim that they were there actually to see Ghostface or Ali...damn was I wrong and I got the ringing eardrums to prove it. RAKIM! RAKIM! RAKIM! RAKIM! RAKIM!

Heather said...

Thanks for the recent comment (I replied)--and it's cool to see a pdx hip hop blog--wow. 2 things that may be of interest:
http://www.whitebird.org/Performances/WhiteBirdPSUDanceSeries/RennieHarrisPuremovement/tabid/80/Default.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/Total-Chaos-Art-Aesthetics-Hip-hop/dp/0465009093


All best, Heather

Just Another Blogger said...

You're welcome and thanks in return. The 2 URL's you posted return 404 error pages?